please check out the anti-mandate news »

Why an Obsession With Safety Creates Sick Minds and a Sick Society

By Karloff follow Karloff   2021 Aug 5, 11:50am 163 views   7 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

original link

"Relieving people of the burden of freedom in order to make them feel safe is a recurring theme in the history of authoritarianism."
- Frank Furedi, How Fear Works
1   Karloff   ignore (0)   2021 Aug 5, 12:00pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BTW, Patrick, What's the proper way to embed a video? I used to just used the right-click "copy embed code" from youtube and then paste it in my post, but that results in a blank post if I try it now.
2   richwicks   ignore (3)   2021 Aug 5, 12:04pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Karloff says

Youtube isn't embeddable anymore because the communist fuckwits that work for Gulag kept deleting and censoring videos. Try to find the same video off from another site. If you go through older posts, you'll find out just how frequently information is deleted.
3   Patrick   ignore (1)   2021 Aug 5, 1:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Right, I don't want to embed YouTube videos anymore both because of the censorship at YouTube, but also because it gives Google a way to spy on your viewing habits and link you to patrick.net.

It's a privacy nightmare.

But you can still include a plain clickable YouTube link. Your browser will probably give away that you were referred by patrick.net, but at least it won't let Google put whatever they want on this site to track you.
4   Karloff   ignore (0)   2021 Aug 5, 1:20pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Gotcha. There we go. Found a mirror of it on bitchute.
5   richwicks   ignore (3)   2021 Aug 5, 2:25pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hey @Patrick,

I have a script that works to pull videos from youtube. If you want it, let me know.

Also, I am the proud owner of https://www.guulag.com - if you can think of anything clever to do with it, let me know!
7   Patrick   ignore (1)   2021 Aug 5, 3:14pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

richwicks says

@richwicks Yes I would like that, thanks.