Kamala’s bill creates 10 hour school day

By Shaman follow Shaman   2019 Nov 6, 11:16am 149 views   13 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

In an attempt to help working parents. I admit that I can see some advantages. In California it seems like there are far too many random non-student days and early release days and basically the whole setup is for the teachers’ benefit to have an easy schedule and the parents get hosed trying to work out what to do about all these random days of no school but not a general holiday. Our solution has been the Boys and Girls Club, which takes the kids all day on the random school closed days, except for a couple days at the start of the school year that we still have to figure out. So far we usually split the difference by each taking a vacation day. It’s a pain.

But will these ten hour school days be mandatory? I’d rather see a program that allows for an after school program for kids whose parents sign them up. Homework and tutoring could happen as well as extracurriculars like skateboard club and chess club. You could have teachers aids administer the program so you wouldn’t have to pay teachers overtime to stay all day which they would complain about anyway.

Anyway I suspect that this bill will start a conversation. If Kameltoe is willing to get feedback and modify her bill to suit the majority of parents, she might just have something!

1   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2019 Nov 6, 11:43am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Does this mean the present brainwashing regimen is insufficient to the ends of the Great Socialist Paradise? Allow the parents to toil endlessly and relentlessly at their jobs, while the rug rats are under the nurturing tutelage of the tax sucking and all knowing State!
2   socal2   ignore (2)   2019 Nov 6, 11:56am     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Hell - I would just settle for school bus services in my school district so my wife and I aren't tied up hours each week with carpooling.

Despite paying a shit-ton in taxes, we can't have nice things in California (like electricity and streets clean of bum shit) because we are a one party state ruled by Public Sector unions funneling all of our tax dollars to lavish pensions.
3   The_Weeping_Ayatollah   ignore (5)   2019 Nov 6, 3:44pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

socal2 says

Despite paying a shit-ton in taxes, we can't have nice things in California

Hear, hear!
6   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (49)   2019 Nov 6, 7:28pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Great idea.

Last four hours is orchestra rehearsal, casual dress, OK to smoke or drink during rehearsal but within reason. Everyone can snack except the winds.
7   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2019 Nov 6, 7:29pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says
Everyone can snack except the winds.

Nothing worse than reeds with Fritos spittle.
8   VINCENT   ignore (0)   2019 Nov 7, 6:25am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Live to know where the Constitution lists day care as a federal enumrated responsibility.
9   HeadSet   ignore (3)   2019 Nov 7, 6:31am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Nothing worse than reeds with Fritos spittle.

Yes, that was the worst part when sharing clarinet reeds.
10   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (49)   2019 Nov 7, 7:02am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
Yes, that was the worst part when sharing clarinet reeds.

GROSS! Who does that? Share, I mean.
11   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (49)   2019 Nov 7, 7:02am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
Yes, that was the worst part when sharing clarinet reeds.

GROSS! Who does that? Share, I mean.
12   HeadSet   ignore (3)   2019 Nov 7, 7:13am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says
HeadSet says
Yes, that was the worst part when sharing clarinet reeds.

GROSS! Who does that? Share, I mean.

Hey, reeds are expensive, gotta save money. Still, using a reed after that kid with the cold makes the reed taste salty. And from what you post, I can assume you have had worse things in your mouth. Seriously, no one shares clarinet reeds. I was just adding a comment to Ceffer's joke.
13   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (49)   2019 Nov 7, 9:53am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
Seriously, no one shares clarinet reeds.

Oh, thank goodness. I was dismayed that was a thing these days because band and orchestra programs had been so impoverished.