John Cleese: London is Not an English City Anymore

By Patrick follow Patrick   2019 May 29, 7:43pm 831 views   15 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Monty Python icon John Cleese has stoked controversy by reiterating his belief that London is no longer an English city due to mass immigration.

In a tweet to his 5.6 million followers, Cleese said, “Some years ago I opined that London was not really an English city any more. Since then, virtually all my friends from abroad have confirmed my observation So there must be some truth in it.”

“I note also that London was the UK city that voted most strongly to remain in the EU,” he added.

Some years ago I opined that London was not really an English city any more

Since then, virtually all my friends from abroad have confirmed my observation

So there must be some truth in it…

— John Cleese (@JohnCleese) May 29, 2019

Cleese first made similar statements back in 2011 when he opined that London was handed the Olympic Games because of mass immigration.

“I’m not sure what’s going on in Britain. Or, let me say this – I don’t know what’s going on in London, because London is no longer an English city,” said Cleese.

The actor said that London was the most cosmopolitan city on earth but that it “doesn’t feel English”.

“I had a Californian friend come over two months ago, walk down the King’s Road and say, “Where are all the English people?”

“I mean, I love having different cultures around. But when the parent culture kind of dissipates, you’re left thinking, “Well, what’s going on?”‘ said Cleese.

The Monty Python star’s comments are just a reflection of reality. In London, white British people are a minority and have been for some years.

Over 41% of London’s population is foreign born. London also has the second highest foreign-born population of any city in the world.

Cleese is absolutely correct. London is not English anymore. That was the primary goal of globalists - eliminating all distinct national cultures so that there may be no national opposition to global capital owning and running the whole planet. And that goal has been achieved in London.
1   NoCoupForYou   ignore (4)   2019 May 29, 7:51pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Holy shit, serendipity. I just came on to post this from twitter:

I suspect I should apologise for my affection for the Englishness of my upbringing,
but in some ways I found it calmer, more polite, more humorous, less tabloid, and less money-oriented than the one that is replacing it https://t.co/ZntbORfQdW

— John Cleese (@JohnCleese) May 29, 2019

2   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 May 29, 7:52pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It is good that some brave people are telling the truth.

Mass immigration is a bad thing.
3   NoCoupForYou   ignore (4)   2019 May 29, 8:15pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The twitter above is interesting, all the "BPFE's" or whatever the fuck that means - Europhiles - are cursing Englishness, while whinging about remaining in the EU.

It's funny, those who insist Britain belongs in the EU are the same people who damn English culture. It's almost as if they have an ulterior motive...
4   NoCoupForYou   ignore (4)   2019 May 29, 8:55pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

England 2019. Things have changed. pic.twitter.com/4bUYz8vqT3— David Vance (@DVATW) May 29, 2019

Love the FUEU people saying "nothing has really changed". Imagine the above scene in 1950s, 1970s, or even early 1990s Britain.
5   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2019 May 29, 9:48pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Stand at the corner of Paseo Padre and Mowry and Fremont with a counter, and spend thirty minutes counting the number of non-foreign born white people. Your finger won't get tired.
6   Rin   ignore (4)   2019 May 30, 1:40pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says

Mass immigration is a bad thing.

Pat, I was born in Cambridge MA, home of 90 subnationalities. Yes, a very miniaturized London but w/o a financial district and legal red light activities.

The problem is with Islam and Islam only!

We have Jamaicans (yes, Patrick Ewing of the Knicks), Haitians, Nepalese, Vietnamese, etc, and all these ppl assimilated into the mainstream over a generation or two.

What's happening is that you're all lumping crazy Muslims with everyone else, who doesn't plant bombs and force their religion upon others.
9   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2019 May 30, 8:33pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Isn't that what they said when the Normans moved in?
10   HeadSet   ignore (3)   2019 May 31, 8:09am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer says
Isn't that what they said when the Normans moved in?

Yes, and before that "Londonium is just not a Roman city anymore!"
11   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 May 31, 10:07am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Booger says

I love John Cleese.
12   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (49)   2019 May 31, 11:25am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It is really creepy to be in Kensington Gardens and see women in full burkas with a train of servants in burkas following them pushing their kids' strollers. Really, I'd call it Bronze Age but I do not know if early days muslims indoctrinated their females to adhere to such abusive conventions of dress.
13   EBGuy   ignore (1)   2019 May 31, 1:30pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Sargon's take: Everyone agrees with John Cleese's comments that London is no longer an English city...so why is everyone so offended?
15   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 18, 9:06pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Cleese may have been literally correct about London, if you look at Amsterdam:

The racial and ethnic makeup of Amsterdam as of 2012 was 49.5% Dutch and 50.5% foreign ancestry.