Any of you working today?

By WookieMan follow WookieMan   2017 Sep 15, 11:51am 3,596 views   23 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Been a god damn flurry of post the last hour. I know I'm not working.
1   Booger   ignore (7)   2017 Sep 15, 11:56am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

No. On vacation.
2   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2017 Sep 15, 12:12pm     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

I'm on vacation but I'm always working.
3   WookieMan   ignore (5)   2017 Sep 15, 12:29pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I did just work for 20 minutes, now I'm back.
4   Patrick   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 15, 12:36pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Employed full time again, which unfortunately limits my posting during working hours.
5   WookieMan   ignore (5)   2017 Sep 15, 12:39pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
during working hours.

I'm sure it's been brought up, any chance you can get the post time to the appropriate time zone the user is logged into? 2:39pm by me and your last post is showing 12:36pm (2:36pm my time).
6   WookieMan   ignore (5)   2017 Sep 15, 12:41pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Not a huge deal if you don't want to change it. It just looks like everyone is on the west coast when I know that's not the case.
8   Strategist   ignore (2)   2017 Sep 15, 3:22pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I'm on coffee break till 4.55pm. Union rules.
9   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Sep 15, 3:55pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Playing golf and lying, but not being paid for either, like Trump is.
10   jazz_music   ignore (16)   2017 Sep 15, 4:17pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you
11   Philistine   ignore (0)   2017 Sep 15, 4:24pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Wish I'd seen this earlier. Coworker and I left the office at noon for an "offsite meeting" and got trashed with a vendor. Around the third gin martini, we Face Timed our junk and tweeties to the C-suite. See y'all next Tuesday!
13   WookieMan   ignore (5)   2017 Sep 15, 5:00pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Strategist says
I'm on coffee break till 4.55pm. Union rules.

I'm sure you've mentioned it. Didn't figure you for a union guy. Book. Cover. Whatever.
14   WookieMan   ignore (5)   2017 Sep 15, 5:01pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jazz_music says
I could tell you but then I would have to kill you

Do you just like jazz music? Or are you not a jazz musician? I've always counted you in the musician column here on patnet. Which means nothing.
15   CBOEtrader   ignore (6)   2017 Sep 15, 5:09pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Philistine says

Boss move. Please share how that turns out
16   Shaman   ignore (2)   2017 Sep 15, 5:33pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Nope, on family leave for this week. Cooking Thai red curry chicken with zucchini right now!
17   jazz_music   ignore (16)   2017 Sep 15, 6:57pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
Do you just like jazz music? Or are you not a jazz musician?

Self-disclosure is my least favored use of patrick.net, ask others how that has worked out for them.
18   just_dregalicious   ignore (2)   2017 Sep 15, 7:04pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Work like dog. Thus rare post.
19   Patrick   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 15, 7:50pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
Patrick says
during working hours.

Yes, should not be hard since I added a user_timezone field to the database for each user, but just have not make it possible for users to change that yet. Soon.

Or if anyone who knows node.js wants to do that, I'd be grateful for the help. https://github.com/killelea/node.patrick.net
20   Patrick   ignore (1)   2017 Sep 16, 10:42am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jazz_music says
WookieMan says
Do you just like jazz music? Or are you not a jazz musician?

I agree. Simply putting my real identity out there has caused me problems.
21   komputodo   ignore (3)   2017 Sep 16, 1:37pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The secret is: "don't think of it as work".
22   Strategist   ignore (2)   2017 Sep 16, 2:25pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Today is Saturday. I'm not allowed to work. You know, union rules.
23   komputodo   ignore (3)   2017 Sep 16, 11:01pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Strategist says
Today is Saturday. I'm not allowed to work. You know, union rules.

All you need is a Shabbos goy.