clambo's comments

« First    « Previous    Comments 2824 - 2863 of 2863    Last »

clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 20, 9:01pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

In Italy the average age of the dead is 81.

In Florida they closed the beach to the kids on spring break and of course now they will all cram together in their hotel room, which of course is a worse situation.

Some epidemiologist lady at Stanford compared Wuhan virus to Chickenpox, overall about a 1% chance you could get killed by it.

My routine is I wash my hands after being in a public place and I have touched things. I know I can’t resist touching my face all day.

It’s very quiet and I love the lack of car and truck traffic, no leaf blowers and trimmers, etc.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 20, 9:41pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

How about: “Which is more deadly, Wuhan virus or Fentanyl (made in China) and heroin sent across our border by Mexican cartels and distributed by Mexicans in the USA?”

The only president who has mentioned this problem is Donald Trump.

Tens of thousands of people die from drug overdoses every year.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 21, 12:56am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CDC has a mandate to control disease, not approve drugs and treatment.

If something works to slow the spread of disease, Fauci should encourage it.

Remember the Ebola fiasco when 1. We brought infected people in the USA 2. The CDC mistakenly had live Ebola virus?

A guy says his lab has developed antibodies to the virus and it will be human tested by the Army soon.

Antibodies would be cool because they are faster working than a vaccine which stimulates the immune system to make antibodies.

Trump has to walk on a tightrope with the media and liberals questioning his every word.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 21, 10:09am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Anecdote for Patrick herewith:
10 years ago I was helping my parent who was very ill who lived in a quaint small town in Connecticut.
I was dating someone from a nearby town who was of a different religion.
She commented that my town was nice, but she thought it was too “white bread.”
I pulled the car to the side of the road and told her I was white and considered that an insult and would she like to walk or hitch hike home?
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 21, 10:26am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The CDC report said that most Covid-19 illness is mild.

Mild meaning most people will not need to go to the hospital.

My brother is overweight, 69, slightly asthmatic, so he better watch out.

I recall when AIDS was spreading and the health department in San Francisco wanted to close the gay orgy bath houses down, and there was a huge pushback from the gays.

Incidentally, if you have HIV and deliberately hide it from your sex partner, in California it is not a crime anymore.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 22, 9:12am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

NYC lost tens of thousands of hospital beds as 10 or more hospitals closed because they were bankrupt.

The treatment of anyone who walks in caused this.

Medical treatment of illegals who won’t pay and don’t buy insurance is another reason.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 22, 12:30pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The economic effects will not be long lasting probably.

The service sector jobs will return and everyone will spend money again. Cruise ships may not.

Low oil prices will actually stimulate spending on other things.

A previous case was the Arab oil embargo, which threw cold water on the world economy.

The asset bubble of real estate using credit popped and sent ripples through the economy and even bankrupted some banks and insurance companies.

Closing business for several weeks is not a bubble bursting nor a cut of energy supply causing disruption worldwide.

In my county there are 15 cases and one dead, and older person from a cruise.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 22, 3:48pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That looks pretty cool
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 22, 7:41pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The graphs above which Patrick posted indicate a peak on March 20.
I screenshot and sent them to a few people this morning.

I’m curious to see the data next week.

I wash my hands after I go buy some groceries or etc.

I’m a little worried because I am not a spring chicken, but I have good health.

There will be a vaccine and other treatments soon I’m sure.

I worry about something else; in 2025 taxes will go up automatically and then we will be paying for the free money many times over.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 23, 7:16am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Toilet paper? I don’t care, I can fly in a young CNA from Florida who can change my depends, she’s had practice.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 23, 7:26am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I agree with Globalroamer.
I posted a comment on Facebook “ be careful what you wish for.”
The bill comes due in 2025 when taxes go up automatically.
Oh, you forgot that the Bush tax cuts expire in a few years?

Only the unemployed should get money, and it should be via the normal method, filing for unemployment.

I have friends who haven’t worked for decades, they’re retired, and they don’t deserve a dime.
Of course, they want the free money.
Free money isn’t free, it will come out of your 401K many times over in your lifetime.

The government should stop “saving” losers, but it’s a tradition that is hard to stop.
I have saved some of my money for decades, and invested money for my future needs, others don’t have the discipline to do it.

I met young people in S. Florida who envied me, “You’re so lucky, you have money.”
I showed them how they could have money too, but they DO NOT HAVE THE WILL TO DO IT.

They’re like jellyfish, they think they are moving, actually they’re just going with the current.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 23, 7:40am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Mr Trump acted decisively to stop infected Chinese and European virus carriers from flying in to the USA.
He got a bunch of shit for this correct decision.

Test kit shortages are a fact of life because they are invented after a virus is known and recall this is a novel= new Corona virus. They can’t make tests by throwing a switch somewhere.

Masks are being disposed of in hospitals by the million, maybe someone should test UV nuking them, or ozone, or x-rays so they can be reused?

The only disappointment of Trump is being too generous and wanting to hand out free money like Santa Claus.

In my county there are just a few cases and the hospitals have not been overwhelmed.

The dead in Italy are average age 81; these people also were sick with other chronic conditions.
Of course pneumonia can kill them; Wuhan virus is the pneumonia flavor of the month.

I lived in S. Florida for a while and it was not rare for people in nursing homes (eg Washington cases) and over 80 to die from the flu.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 23, 1:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

A place in Sunnyvale invented a test which gives results in 45 minutes. (Cepheid)

another in the Bay Area can produce antibodies to Wuhan virus, it’s going to be tested first by the Army I believe.

This shit is becoming a panic media event for political reasons.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 24, 11:23am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

In my county 20 cases, 0 dead so I think they are making a big deal out of it from my perspective.

In a town in Italy where the average age is 70+ the perspective is different.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 24, 6:58pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The buying is females.
They instinctively love to buy shit, and any “need” is an excuse to buy more.
I have a female visitor who will tell me “you need to buy coffee today!”
I check and it is okay for 3 more days.
If I am low on anything, I “need it” immediately.
I had toilet paper but she couldn’t resist buying some when she found it at a little market nearby.
The solution to the emergency situation is buying something when you are a female.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 25, 5:39pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Yeah, let them die.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 25, 10:16pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I saw the Santa Cruz Sheriff on tv and it sounds like they will threaten businesses which won’t close and threaten people who congregate (e.g. throw a party).

I’m not afraid to go places in Santa Cruz, I would say “I am exercising” or “I am going to Safeway” etc.

The order itself is illegal because it exempts homeless bums, therefore it discriminates against non-bums.

So far there are 0 deaths and 25 Wuhan cases in Santa Cruz County; I bet far more people are seriously hurt riding those red Uber electric bikes.

I’m interested to see what happens when April 8 comes, this was the stated end of our “shelter in place.”
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 26, 10:48am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The custom of shoe removal entering living areas may help also.

In Japan you have to be adept at putting on plastic sandals, some are for use in the bathroom only, then come off and you put back on your house slippers, then remove them and put on your shoes if you go outside.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 26, 12:19pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

For once I agree with Marcus, the free money for everyone is absurd, it is vote buying and we’re going to pay for it in 2025 and forever after.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 26, 2:39pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think if they put you on a ventilator you have a bad case.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 26, 6:43pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Pelosi is out of her mind.

I was up there last week and it was deserted,

If the stores and restaurants are all closed why would anyone go there?
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 26, 9:17pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

People who are higher risk could have stayed home from work and away from restaurants and groups without killing the economy and spending trillions of borrowed money.

The cure may worse than the disease.

Of course Dr. Fauci sees it from his perspective which is to prevent potential deaths.

During my time in S. Florida, it seemed like people were dropping like flies all over the place, it’s just what happens to older people and those who have been sick or are still chronically sick.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 27, 10:48am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If I ran the zoo I would have age limits to quarantines but it is complicated today so a blanket one was what they did.

I disagree with the free money which is absurd, why should retired who have not lost wages get any money?

The money should go to unemployed and through the normal process.

Being very old or having a weak immune system is not a lifestyle choice, but they should be extra careful and healthy people should be able to do more things than they are today.

I hope that we don’t bail out cruise lines, they are not essential.

Add up car crash deaths, drug overdose deaths, homicide deaths, AIDS deaths, and flu deaths, and you might be surprised.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 27, 11:27am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

She’s insane and dangerous.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 27, 8:51pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer and I are on the same page, and I like not having to explain why I won’t take a cruise, go to Orlando or Anaheim, and I dislike expensive restaurants, bars forget it.

I was conned into taking someone to Barceloneta in Santa Cruz, I had an octopus tentacle for $17 plus other stuff at similar prices. Now I can avoid it.

Gym was a fun thing in Florida because of the AC in the summer.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 28, 1:54pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Booger has the funniest shit, thanks.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 28, 2:03pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Re: above gays and illness.

I had a gay housemate in the early 80’s and he told me “when you’re gay, disease is a part of life.”

Fooling around butts sometimes is the problem, and playing with someone who has played with 1000 of them increases the risks.

Hepatitis and stds were typical. Later HIV was rampant.

So gay guys tend to have had frequent attacks on their immune systems.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 28, 5:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Some guys pay to watch Asian girls do that.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 28, 5:46pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I already have someone from NYC who wants to come visit me to “escape New York”.

Let’s make a deal, I’ll be Wayne Brady and you be the female in a silly outfit.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 28, 5:49pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

AOC=“No tax breaks for Amazon! Let them pay for the privilege of being in New York!”
AOC=“They are racist for not giving free money to illegal alien workers!”
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 28, 6:08pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was just thinking maybe they should close antique stores to slow the spread of AIDS?

In Santa Cruz there are 0 dead and 39 cases, yet they closed beach parking and parks.

It’s become like global warming all over again.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 29, 3:56pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

There must be a thousand broke girls with nothing better to do than visit your bachelor pad for a respite and a gratuity.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 30, 8:38am     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

The growth rate of new cases seems to be declining, it may be okay for most healthy people to get back to a normal routine soon.

I think of the danger with a car analogy; if you are 10x as likely to crash driving the new “Sux 5000” as your present car, would you buy one?
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 30, 9:16am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think the aftermath will be a slowly improving economy because people will keep consuming.
Some businesses will continue to suck, like WeWork, cruise ship companies will suck.

Stocks will creep up because interest rates are low.

I think that after April 30 if you still can’t go to a park people will get pissed off.
Soon new cases will fall a little and we will yell.

I think a lot of restaurants are toast and I don’t care because I have changed my interest in most of them. I’m lately wondering why I spent so much money in them while I was in Florida. No more of that.

Travel will be slow for a while; I was planning to travel a bit this year and that’s off for the time being.
I’m not planning on going to China anymore.

I don’t think that orangeman is going to be blamed for the problem, eve if jerks like Pelosi try to do that.

Guys who invest might call this the “black swan”= unexpected event which fucks up the stock market. I guess this was it.

A month ago I was feeling fine about my net worth, how fleeting such feelings are.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 30, 2:28pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Too bad that Obamacare created a 3.8% new tax on medical devices.

They have not repealed the tax.

Of course Chinese equipment is exempt.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 31, 5:19pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I saw an ambulance yesterday afternoon.

Maybe someone had a heart a tack ack ack.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 31, 6:32pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was in Monterey this morning, a woman was giving her sons donuts after they came out of the cold water.

A couple of dyke looking hags yelled at her for getting too close to the boys.

Here we go, the “distance nazis” and other do-gooders are out there.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Apr 1, 6:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Can you imagine having coffee some morning and she starts talking to you with her voice destroying your peaceful contemplation?

I’d ply her with champagne before talking to her.

Re: Biden, he’s not even liked by his party, he’s a creep.

He’s also got dementia.
  clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Apr 2, 10:37am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The USA should depend on no single foreign country for anything essential; we experienced this during the Arab oil embargo and should have learned our lesson.