Political Humor thread.

By marcus following x   2019 Feb 17, 4:30pm 24,259 views   3,305 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

This is distinct from the TRump humor thread. If you're a triggered right winger, that wants to vent the best "libs are evil" crap you can come up with, this is the place. Not the TRump cartoon and Meme thread.

Although feel free to post memes very specific to Trump about how awesome he is, in the Trump cartoon and meme thread.

« First    « Previous    Comments 3266 - 3305 of 3305    Last »

3266   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 20, 4:51pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
in the information that he gave, and gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever

Wait really ? Trump denied doing anything wrong, in an interview that was designed to research and investigate Epstein and possibly also impugn Trump ? Wow. Trump was even willing to deny that he personally had participated or done anything wrong, while giving up some info on Epstein ?

That's shocking.

You're right, that's virtually the same thing as targeting Epstein for years.
3267   Tenpoundbass   ignore (15)   2019 Jul 20, 5:09pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Got any real stories about Trump and Trump supporters to corealate to your Memes?

Because that's the backbone of Memes you know. They have to be built on the foundation of Truth. Otherwise, that's Propaganda, Propaganda, Yes Propaganda that's the Word You're looking for. That's all your posts are.
3268   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 20, 5:14pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

SO MUCH WHINING. I'LL ADMIT I AM TIRED OF THE WHINING

3269   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 20, 5:20pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
That's all your posts are.

It depends on the audience. My cartoons and memes are based on reality and facts and intended either for literate reality based folks or for you and others who might one day step out of your bubble.

But you're right, memes about Hillary killing people or lefties drinking body fluids of scared children in some sort of satan worshiping rituals. Yeah, that's not propaganda. Or memes outright saying that liberals actually like abortion and are in favor of killing full term babies. That stuffs not propaganda and doesn't at all make you look like a raving moron that knows full well which side is more evil.
3270   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 20, 5:22pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This isn't quite true, but forty years from now this is how Trump and his followers will be remembered. I'm not saying it's right, but it's what he's asking for on a daily basis.

3271   HeadSet   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 20, 6:47pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Nope, Dem slanders on Trump will be as forgotten as all the Dem slanders done against President Reagan.
3272   HonkpilledMaster   ignore (5)   2019 Jul 20, 10:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Leftists, 2018:
Run for PRESIDENT! Trumpler is Scared Shitless of You!

Leftists, 2019:
Avenatti Who?!

The Don Junior:

3273   HonkpilledMaster   ignore (5)   2019 Jul 20, 10:36pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

After Russia, Russia, Russia failed...
3274   HonkpilledMaster   ignore (5)   2019 Jul 20, 10:40pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If Russia interfered with the Election, the Democrats are to Blame.
3275   Onvacation   ignore (4)   2019 Jul 21, 2:56am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

List of Trump goals that the swamp has obstructed.marcus says

3276   Onvacation   ignore (4)   2019 Jul 21, 3:04am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says
My cartoons and memes are based on reality and facts

Now that's funny!

Some people are so out of touch.

I am at the annual retreat with my wifes ultra liberal (RESIST! type) family and they keep talking about how it is noticibly hotter every summer because of AGW.

I don't engage because other than their irrational hatred of Trump they are really nice people.
3277   RC2006   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 21, 6:23am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Onvacation says

Same this is part of the reason liberals are so out of touch with reality. Lot of liberals go completely mental if you don't go along the thier propaganda 100%. If I troll right wingers they might argue thier side but that's as far as it goes, can't say the same with liberals they just go mental and will cut off communications and years of friendship over stupid differences.
3278   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 21, 8:22am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

RC2006 says

I sometimes wonder what it's like to live in a bubble where reality is propaganda for you, and Donald Trump has integrity and is an intelligent leader who is among other things draining the swamp ?

1.2 Trillion deficits when the economy is supposedly in unprecedented growth times.

"Oh that ? That's just liberal propaganda"

Ampining up the polarization and racism in this country

"Oh that ? That's just liberal propaganda"

Tearing apart our institutions and demonizing even the FBI and the media as enemies of the state.

"Oh that ? That's just liberal propaganda"

Supporting "clean coal" and being opposed to renewables and nuclear.

"Oh that ? That's just liberal propaganda"

Causing highly respected conservatives such as George Will to condemn the Trump movement and in Will's case even leave the republican party because of Trump.

"Oh that ? That's just liberal propaganda"

Lowering taxes which hit primarily the wealthy and corporations, while republicans in congress claim we can't affford social security and medicare (different funds than the ones that are so far in deficit).

"Oh that ? That's just liberal propaganda"

LYing constantly and keeping very few of his campaign promises.

"Oh that ? That's just liberal propaganda"

I could go on and on. MY objections, including the fact that I find the guy repulsive on multiple levels, are in my opinion based on obvious reality, not propaganda.

THe fact that there are many other reality based folks out there is not a sign of media propaganda.
3279   Onvacation   ignore (4)   2019 Jul 21, 8:31am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says

I could go on and on.

You have.

It's hard to understand how some people go on and on about how bad Trump is. The false narrative of Trump's Russian collusion for one.

In reality it was Hillary who colluded with the Russians to win the election. She lost.
3280   Tenpoundbass   ignore (15)   2019 Jul 21, 8:36am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says

3283   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 21, 9:20am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

No kid ever died trying to make a dangerous illegal border crossing without irresponsible parents or child traffickers putting the kid in that position.
3285   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 21, 4:44pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Onvacation says

I usually go on and on without talking about collusion with Russia. Mueller's investigation didn't find provable personal guilt of collusion on the part of Trump. This wasn't as big of a shock to the reality based people as you think it was. Meanwhile a few people closest to Trump in his campaign, find themselves in prison for one reason or another.

3286   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 21, 4:56pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Tenpoundbass says

I'm accustomed enough to you by now, to know that you neither read nor comprehended the post that was only two posts above this re-post. OR if you did, and it got to you your re-post is essentially a childish "I know you are but what am I."

Whatever dude. History is not going to be friendly to you and this movement. Although I would agree that this white insecurity that Trump manipulates so well, may go on for another generation or two.
3287   Hircus   ignore (0)   2019 Jul 21, 8:31pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says

The irony of this statement is lol.

If you truly believe that your memes are materially more reality based / honest, this might be a good moment to wake up and acknowledge how strong your bias really is. Subconscious bias will lead you to see your side as more honest and genuine, while the other side is seen as being stupid, fake, dishonest etc... it's not just a political thing. Perhaps you've read up on this psychology topic a bit as it pertains to human in-group / out-group favoritism, and how it leads to prejudice and racism? It usually starts by observing real, truthful facts which support your stance. Then, at some point you conclude that your group is just plain superior, and you kinda condemn the other group. After that point, objectivity is not realistic, but what's more sinister is that you may feel objective.

It's not totally your fault, as much of your bias is likely due to the bias in your information sources. But, being aware of info bias and not caring - that is your fault (not wanting to step our of your bubble).
3288   jazz_music   ignore (11)   2019 Jul 21, 8:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I love it.

Marcus is obviously getting under their skin.

Keep up the good work, marcus.

Make them scream some more
3289   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 21, 9:01pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hircus says
you conclude that your group is just plain superior

Hircus says
It's not totally your fault

Ummm, Pot I would like to introduce you to kettle.

Of course I understand bias always exists, and I understand the the way our egos factor in as well as the idea of cognitive dissonance and all it's variations.

I think I understand pretty well the Trump supporters. I bash them in crude ways here, but I'm actually partly simpathetic, but at the same time saddened to see the fear and bias that leads to that way of thinking.

I read a recent post from Patrick about Ohare airport, after recently traveling across the country myself spending time LAX and Logan in Boston twice. Funny how different my take was from his.

But the really fascinating thing was the way that in this TRump era, Patrick is free to let loose with his irrational bias about those foreigners and their attitudes as workers at airport food venders or whatever. I saw both surly and delightful (non white) workers at both airports in my travels. And it never occurred to me to think that their attitudes were a function of their race. We're talking about the kind of jobs that can only support a person who lives with their parents or is on food stamps. OR perhaps 3 of those jobs could almost support a couple in a rough neighborhood. What the fuck do you expect ?

But again the striking thing was the blatant racism in that thread, and that none of those chiming in in agreement would consider themselves racist in the slightest. Before TRump, they wouldn't have felt comfortable voicing their ugly thoughts. .

Trust me, I get the Trump voters. IT's just another version of "I've got mine, fuck you!" Many of us don't have to go back many generations at all, to have had the exact same kind of bigotry against our recent ancestors. Talk about irony ?!

3290   Hircus   ignore (0)   2019 Jul 21, 9:45pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

marcus says
I think I understand pretty well the Trump supporters.

I'm not so sure you do. I think this "trump is bad and so are his supporters" is a perspective sold by the left to try to make leftists "feel better" and "stay the course" while trying to shame the right. It's very effective.

Politically, it seems very convenient to say Trump supporters are just terrible people. It's certainly much better than admitting that most people support Trump because of policies and action, like they should. To admit that Trump wins on policy and action, and not on identity, despite all the things he says and does, and all the negative news, would be to admit that leftist policies and candidates really really suck a fat one right now. So, they instead just say "omg deplorables".

Most presidential elections in recent history result in a pretty close 50% voting dem, 50% rep - obviously due to policy since most elections have always been white male vs white male. But, with Trump, this long history of policy based voting was abandoned in favor of racism and hatred based voting? Cmon....wake up, you know that doesn't make sense. Clearly, some smaller fraction people vote based on identity, but this is nothing new. Both Obama & Trump definitely got some identity votes, and I think the left's platform is FAR more invested in identity politics.

btw - Characterizing a single Trump supporter, or even a small group of them, does not characterize the group.

And, you definitely pivoted away from the topic of memes. The message I got is "trump is bad, and his supporters are bad, so memes they post are bad, so my view of my memes is correct."
3291   marcus   ignore (8)   2019 Jul 21, 10:06pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hircus says

"sold" by the left to make leftists feel better ?

For one thing I'm not a leftist. I'm very moderate, and even conservative in many ways. I'm a huge fan of Jordan Peterson. And I also agree more and more with the classical definition of a conservative, which has little in commons with today's republican. It's interesting that George Will's rejection of today's republicans has made me much more interested and open minded about what traditional conservative policy positions are all about.

You take what I say about Trump as something I (not a leftist at all) am selling, where as in my world I take it as extremely obvious reality. You could at least have the humility to accept that as what I objectively see (even if there might or might not be some bias there ).

By the way, many Trump supporters are not really "bad people." But that doesn't mean that they don't have fears and biases that I can see through and can not relate to. It also doesn't mean either that they are completely wrong about everything. We have different world views. That's all.
3295   clambo   ignore (4)   2019 Jul 22, 12:07am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That cartoon above is incorrect.

What we actually do is 1. manage our investments 2. travel 3. enjoy the company of females 4. explore various beaches along the coast (not usually the gulf coast) 5.engage in boating, sailing, etc. 6. wonder how envious losers can go through life being so miserable.

I don't watch Fox news, why would I? I prefer to watch something more interesting or entertaining depending on my mood.
3296   Onvacation   ignore (4)   2019 Jul 22, 5:47am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says
simpathetic

Pathetic simpleton?

People do judge you on the words you use.
3297   Onvacation   ignore (4)   2019 Jul 22, 5:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hircus says
leftist policies and candidates really really suck a fat one right now.

That's an understatement!
Kamala Harris as an example.
3298   Onvacation   ignore (4)   2019 Jul 22, 6:01am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says

But not an illegal alien.
3300   Onvacation   ignore (4)   2019 Jul 22, 7:24am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says

The main conclusion was just because we couldn't find evidence does not mean he's not guilty.
3301   CBOEtrader   ignore (5)   2019 Jul 22, 7:55am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Onvacation says
marcus says

Don't forget, Russia hacked DNC emails because crowdstrike, an alphabet funded left-wing activist group said so. The FBI don't need to see no stinking servers, no way. Crowdstrike said so.

« First    « Previous    Comments 3266 - 3305 of 3305    Last »