The Despicable tactics of the Trumpkins stifling free speech

By HappyGilmore following x   2017 Dec 17, 7:32am 1,007 views   14 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

#MAGA

"Last fall, Jen Hatmaker, a popular evangelical author and speaker, started getting death threats. Readers mailed back her books to her home address, but not before some burned the pages or tore them into shreds. LifeWay Christian Stores, the behemoth retailer of the Southern Baptist Convention, pulled her titles off the shelves. Hatmaker was devastated. Up until that point, she had been a wildly influential and welcome presence in the evangelical world, a Christian author whose writings made the New York Times best-seller list and whose home renovation got its own HGTV series. But then 2016 happened, and, well, of course everything changed.
During the campaign, as other white evangelicals coalesced around the Republican nominee, Hatmaker effectively joined the coterie of “Never Trump” evangelicals, telling her more than half a million Facebook followers that Donald Trump made her “sad and horrified and despondent.” After the “Access Hollywood” tape leaked and prominent evangelical men came to Trump’s defense, she tweeted: “We will not forget. Nor will we forget the Christian leaders that betrayed their sisters in Christ for power.” Then, in an interview with Religion News Service columnist Jonathan Merritt, she made what was a stunning admission for her evangelical community: She said she supported same-sex relationships."

1   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (4)   2017 Dec 17, 8:37am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

So in reading the article and also looking through a few google links on who she is...this really has almost nothing to do with Trump and almost everything to do with her describing gay marriage as something that can be “holy”.

If I understand what you are trying to do here, you expect a religion to be okay with talk that directly contradicts some of its core beliefs.

I fail to find anything that could be construed as blocking freedom of speech. Declining to sell books that go against a religions core tennents is not stiffling free speech
2   HEYYOU   ignore (16)   2017 Dec 17, 8:43am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

It's not about free speech.It's about the hatred in the hearts of SATAN SPAWN Republicans.
I'm willing to get down to their cowardly threat evil.
Fuck Deporable Republicans!
3   HappyGilmore   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 17, 8:43am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Fucking White Male says

You disagree that death threats are stifling free speech?

I expect a "peaceful" religion like Christianity claims to be, not to threaten to kill someone.
4   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Dec 17, 8:44am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What would Jesus do if he heard of her actions? She’s not a Real Christian, she’s an UnAmerican Bitch!!
5   Quigley   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 17, 8:49am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

She clearly pissed off her base of fans in an attempt to be all cosmopolitan and trendy. Idiot move! You can’t market yourself as an evangelical and then try to rewrite scripture to justify perversion!

I think her real “harm” was self-inflicted when she destroyed her brand by catering to people who would never buy any of her books.
6   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (33)   2017 Dec 17, 8:59am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Can she lift M134 and achieve lubrication?

Then why the fuck as a Christian woman is she not having children and teaching them to kill rag heads and liberals?

This is what JESUS! wants to know!
7   HappyGilmore   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 17, 9:00am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Quigley says

So, you're OK with death threats then?

Christians can't disagree without threating to kill?
8   Quigley   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 17, 9:25am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

HappyGilmore says

So, you're OK with death threats then?

That’s odd. I can’t find any mention of death threats or my opinion on them in my post. How are you arriving at this dubious conclusion? I have to say, this is making you seem crazier than usual.
9   HappyGilmore   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 17, 9:29am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Quigley says

Uncivil personal insult (that I'm sure won't get jailed) aside, that's my point. You seem to ignore the fact that the author received death threats as if it's of no concern when you say this:

Quigley says
10   Quigley   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 17, 9:42am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Ok for the peanut gallery I’ll address the death threat issue.
Death threats are an asshole move.
There are assholes in every group of people. Christians are no exception to this rule.
Done.
11   HappyGilmore   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 17, 9:53am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Quigley says
Ok for the peanut gallery I’ll address the death threat issue.
Death threats are an asshole move.
Done.

Thank you. I agree there are assholes in every group of people. Remember that next time someone tries to paint all liberals or Dems with a broad brush because of a few assholes.
12   Quigley   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 17, 10:04am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Hey I’m friends with Democrats, and occasionally enjoy a good debate. Ok i love a good argument, but that’s just how I am. If everyone thought the same as me, I wouldn’t get to argue!
13   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Dec 17, 4:09pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HappyGilmore says

Remember that next time someone tries to paint all Conservatives or Reps with a broad brush because of a few assholes.

The Housing Trap